Why join a church?
The CU is a group of Christian students focused on university evangelism, we are definitely not a church and cannot begin to offer the wonderful things that being part of a church can!
We believe that every one of our students should be part of the local church because:
- The Bible says we should (Hebrews 13:7, Hebrews 3:12, Colossians 3:16)
- CU is run by students often studying full-time whereas churches have full-time staff to teach and support you as you grow as a Christian.
- CU is only for students whereas churches allow us to be a part of a diverse family in which to share our gifts
Tips for finding a good church
- Pray! Ask God to help you find a good church!
- Think about what a church places its emphasis and time on (Worship? Teaching? Outreach?) Think about what will help you grow in faith.
- Ask your church leaders back home if they know of any churches in Manchester.
- Don’t keep going around different churches for a long time. Pick a church, and get involved there!
- Don’t be put off by your first visit to the church – try visiting at least once more to get a good idea of what it’s usually like.
- Have a go at chatting to some of the congregation, not just the other students there.
- Be aware that there are no perfect churches! So don’t be put off joining a church because none of them are exactly what you want, pick one, and get stuck in!
There are lots of fantastic churches in Manchester and to help you find one, we’ve put together this guide:
We hope this helps you in your search! Please do get in touch if you have any queries or questions 🙂