2nd Year Management
- What’s your name, where are you from, what course are you studying and what year of university are you in?
My name is Matilda Ljungberg. I’m from a town called Örebro in Sweden and I’m going into my 2nd year studying Management.
- Can you remember how you were feeling before coming to university?
I felt like I was about to step into the unknown. I was moving to a city where I literally knew no one and I had no idea what to expect from uni. It was a bit daunting but I was also really excited to finally see what life in Manchester would be like.
- What was your favourite thing about freshers week?
Finally meeting people! It turns out that I met many of my closest friends during freshers. It was also great to see that there were so many things I could get involved with and that everyone was so welcoming.
- Can you remember how you were feeling by the end of freshers?
I remember feeling exhausted but also very excited. I was excited to get to know people more and even to start my modules!
- What helped you the most coming to university?
The thing that helped me most was my faith. When everything else was new and a bit uncertain Jesus was the only constant in my life
- What is your top tip for a fresher coming this September?
To stand up for who you are from the beginning. It sounds like something everyone would say but it really is true. I decided to be open about my faith from the start and people respected that much more than I thought they would. That made it easier to be myself as I got to know people better.