3rd Year History
- What’s your name, where are you from, what course are you studying and what year of university are you in?
My name is Jonathan Brooker, I am from Sevenoaks in Kent and I am going into my third year of studying History.
- Can you remember how you were feeling before coming to university?
Before coming to university I felt a mixture of excitement about the next stage of my life and a lot of anxiety at the prospect of living away from home.
- What was your favourite thing about freshers week?
I enjoyed settling into my flat in Whitworth Park which was a lot better than I expected it to be (it looked so awful on the website!). Manchester is a fantastic city and I had great fun looking round. I also loved it when I first received my student card and could use it to explore the university.
- Can you remember how you were feeling by the end of freshers week?
By the end of freshers week I felt far more at ease and was looking forward to starting my course.
- What helped you the most coming to university?
Coming to university I was so grateful to God for the ready-made group of friends I found in the CU. I felt completely accepted and really enjoyed the events they put on in Fresher’s Week. Many of my closest university friends were people I met in the first week through CU.
- What is your top tip for a fresher coming this September?
Make your new room as homely and comfortable as possible!